ELFAC is the specialist in providing customised cable assembly that covers the entire spectrum from plug’n’play systems to qualified consulting.
ELFAC retains its leading position as a highly competent and flexible cooperative partner because of its skilled employees and the intelligent use of both IT systems and the latest production technology.
Since 1987, ELFAC has specialised in customised cable assembly, and has delivered small and medium-sized ranges of high complexity, with short lead times.
The company employs 100 skilled workers, and covers the entire spectrum from production of ready-to-use plug’n’play systems, to qualified consulting.
MILESTONES IN ELFAC’S HISTORY
- 1987: ELFAC is established by Kurt Grey Schuster, launched from a previous cable production firm in Ulstrup. That same year, the company relocated to Granhøjvej in Silkeborg. Number of employees: 84
- 1993: ELFAC is one of Denmark’s first companies to achieve the ISO 9000 certification
- 1993-1998: Continual company expansion in rented offices
- 1999: Relocation to a new 5,000 sq. m. building, which remains the current address: Priorsvej 23, Silkeborg
- 2000: As part of the process of a generational change, ELFAC is acquired by the Swedish Lagercrantz Group as an independent subsidiary
- 2009: 13 of ELFAC’s employees become qualified in the international standard IPC-WHMA-A-620A in cooperation with the Danish company HYTEK
- 2011: Quality Management System ISO 9001: 2008 is upgraded, which reflects the company’s process orientation
The Lagercrantz Group is a well-consolidated parent company, which deals exclusively with B2B sales of electronics, electricity, communication and similar sectors. The Lagercrantz Group is comprised of 41 companies, all of which operate within their own niches.
The organisation is separated into four divisions:
- Electronics: marketing of specialised products with industrial wireless communication, in addition to electronic component systems for use in the construction of various products
- Mechatronics: sale of electric and electro-mechanical products, as well as electrical connection systems and the production of customised cables
- Communications: offers products, systems and support services within digital image transmission, technical security within the Access area, as well as distributing software.
- Niche Products: this is a sector under development. Niche Products as an area is based on the acquisition of companies operating in specific niches, with highly specialised products
The Lagercrantz Group is based on a decentralised model of management. This means that business decisions are made within subsidiaries, close to customers and suppliers. Lagercrantz is active in seven countries in Northern Europe and China. The organisation has a turnover of 2.5 billion Swedish Kroner, and has more than 1,100 employees.
See more at lagercrantz.com